Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from China due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We‘re keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Define the user experience for cross-platform products and projects using tools such as mockups, wireframes, prototypes, and process flow diagrams.
- Focus more on speed and iteration than making everything perfect. Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success.
- Make decisions based on user insights and product data.
- Communicate design concepts to a wide range of stakeholders, to make sure that the final delivered product solves user problems in the right way.
- Work with brand designers to ensure brand consistencies in product design.
- Understand limitations and find the best solution the team can deliver. Deliver is better than perfection, but in the meantime don’t compromise at aesthetics and consistencies.
- Deliver your design documentation in an inspiring, yet well organized way.
- Contribution to the development of italki Design System
- Keep eyes of competitor products and industry trends.
- Ask smart questions and champion new ideas.
- 5+ years of Proven experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer or similar role.
- Strong portfolio of design projects.
- Proficient in design software (Sketch, Figma, Framer, Adobe Suites, etc.)
- Prototyping skill is a must.
- Familiar with the latest web and app development technologies and trends.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills: the ability to present and explain UX directions to a broad audience, and to contribute effectively during all phases of a project.
- Accommodate rapid change and ambiguity.
- Excellence in presentation, spoken and written skills in both Mandarin and English.
- Bachelor Degree or above in Interaction Design, HCI, Industrial Design or equivalent.
- Experiences in leading or facilitating design thinking workshops
- Passion for languages with language skills in addition to required Mandarin and English
- Experience in High Tech, Software Development, Education Technology Industries
- Experience in companies with global / regional presence with multiple offices across different
- Knowledge in analytics, usability tests, and other forms of qualitative and quantitative feedback collection
- HTML/CSS/JS knowledge and skills