Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from China due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We‘re keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Follow company strategies, roadmap and execution for global teacher resources on italki marketplace.
- Define, monitor and analyze metrics that help to measure the success of Teachers on italki
- Lead and manage the ongoing professional development of the teacher success team
- Lead online language acquisition pedagogy research and ensure these insights are shared across relevant stakeholders in the company
- Represent Teachers in internal cross-functional and external settings, make sound decisions on project scoping, content design, and team allocation
- Identify staffing needs on the teacher success team
- Responsible for/ participate in projects related to teacher success
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Linguistic, or a related field
- 5+ years of full time working experience in business management or product management role in education technology, marketplace, e-commerce, or related industry
- Background in academic learning pedagogy or a deep understanding of online education learning frameworks, familiarity with the tools and platforms
- Experienced people manager with strong track record of leading teams and developing individuals
- Ability and experience working in cross-functional teams and a track record of taking initiative in ambiguous and dynamic environments
- Proven ability to forge strong relationships, lead cross-functional teams and handle stakeholder management
- Incredible perseverance and drive, manifested in a strong work ethic and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever needs to be done
- Excellence in presentation, spoken and written skills in Mandarin and English
- Passion for languages with language skills in addition to required Mandarin and English
- Experience in high tech, software development, education technology industries
- Experience in growing and scaling company growth or start up team experience
- Experience in companies with global / regional presence with multiple offices across different
- Prior academic, language teaching experience or teacher management experience
Apply this job by clicking the "APPLY" bottom to send an email with your resume.
The subtitle should be: Resume_Job Title_Your Name